I’m excited to share some news. I have created a Patreon account so that I can form a small, nurturing community of like-minded parents. Space will be limited, so we can get to know each other.
It will be a homeschool support group for project-based homeschoolers, but you don’t have to consider yourself a project-based homeschooler (PBH) to join. You just need to be interested in becoming a better mentor and guide for your child, which is what PBH is all about! Seasoned project-based homeschoolers are more than welcome too!
Project-based homeschooling might seem like unschooling or common sense parenting, but there are actually a lot of tips and tricks that I learned that helped me find a balance between stepping in to help my kids and stepping away when appropriate. That’s harder than it seems! I will be sure to share everything I’ve learned in this support group and help you with whatever comes up in your daily homeschooling life. I hope everyone in the group will support each other.
We will not be restricted to talking about project-based homeschooling! As a support group, we can discuss all aspects of homeschooling, parenting and daily life as homeschool parents. Also, you can use PBH techniques whether you unschool, use a strict curriculum or are somewhere in between.
So, if you’d like a small, nurturing group that you can check in with daily, weekly, monthly (whenever it’s good for you), please join. If you’d like to share your child’s projects and successes, but you don’t want to put it out for everyone on the Internet to see, please consider joining. If you’d like some camaraderie with like-minded parents, please join.
I want to make it accessible, affordable and easy to join, but I can’t do this for free because I need to pay fees to keep up the infrastructure. I have created two tiers that I hope you find very reasonable:
$3.00/month subscription — Join the group I’m calling the “Wrens,” and you will receive the following benefits:
- You will unlock posts on Patreon that are not on my public blog. I can be a little more candid there. Some of what I’ll share:
- Resources I’m using right now and my candid feelings about it.
- Curriculum I don’t like.
- Ups and downs of daily life.
- Our research into colleges and universities and what I need to do to help my kids reach their goals.
- The pitfalls of homeschooling.
- Ask me any question in a comment, and I will respond ASAP. Or you can access a private Discord server for this group that I will monitor daily. Share your child’s projects, ask advice, or just chat with the group!
- As a sign on bonus, I will give you access to all my PDF resources.
- You will also be supporting this ad-free blog (which will remain unchanged), and you will have my deepest thanks!
$6.00/month subscription — Join the group I’m calling the “Ravens,” and you will receive the following benefits:
- You will have everything from the Wrens tier plus:
- I will offer a monthly, live online support group meeting. Day and time will be determined by the first few members, so please don’t hesitate to sign up!
- As a sign on bonus, you will have access to the classes in my store. That is, you do not have to pay extra for these classes. You can even take them more than once. (Each class is worth between $10-$25 each, and I will be adding more classes in the coming months.)
- I will also create classes/presentations by request from my patrons on specific topics.
NOTE: I also have a $1 tier for anyone who would like to support my blog and read my posts on Patreon, but you don’t need a support group.
Click here to access My Patreon. Also, please share this post with your social networks. Thank you!
If you aren’t sure what project-based homeschooling is all about, start here: https://mamaofletters.com/project-based-homeschooling/
To learn more about me, see https://mamaofletters.com/bio/
Please join. Will you? Please comment or ask questions below.