- My first blog update is that I’m changing the title of “Good Reads” to “Worthy Reads.” This is because I realized that sometimes I find articles or videos on homeschooling or other subjects that I don’t necessarily think are good, but perhaps they are worthy to share and discuss.
- My second update is that I’ve added a Table of Contents to my blog! In my attempt to make my blog more user-friendly, I’ve listed my more popular posts by subject. You can click on the tab at the top of the page to see it. And if you have any thoughts on what I can add to my blog to make it better, please tell me! I would love suggestions.
- Dr. Drew on Unschooling – a video from CNN. Someone shared this on a homeschool list I’m on, and I have mixed feelings about it, but basically I think these short news clips do nothing more than stir up controversy. They don’t give the interviewees enough time to discuss the issue, and it’s a shame.
- A Case Against Homeschooling, Really by Homeschooling Atheist Momma offers an honest look at what anyone who is thinking about homeschooling needs to realize and be ready for, if they choose this lifestyle.
- Kids Art: Conversations About Drawing by Childhood 101 offers tips on how to answer when your child says “I can’t draw that.” (Which I hear a lot.)
Getting Kids Into Nature
We love nature, and it doesn’t take much for us to get out into it, but I still enjoyed perusing these links, and there are some very interesting books on that book list I’d love to get!
- Together in Nature: Pathways to a Stronger, Closer Family offers a free PDF download by Children & Nature Network Connect
- Recommended Reading by the Children and Nature Network
Recently I began to read a little bit about “Positive Parenting,” and I think there’s a lot of wisdom in it. Here’s a couple of worthy articles I found:
- 10 Things That Are More Important Than Discipline at Positive Parenting
- Empathy: Foundation of Emotional Health from Aha! Parenting
Have you found any interesting or worthy links this lately? Please share them with me in the comments section.
4 thoughts on “Worthy Reads & Blog Update”
Thank you for your kind words on my blog “Atheist Homeschool Momma”! I’ve been enjoying your website as well and I plan on stealing some of your blog ideas. *grin*
Seriously, I appreciate your nod.
You’re welcome, Karen! I thought you wrote a good post!
PS. And I’m flattered if there’s any idea here you want to steal!