These posts are specific for Georgia, especially North Georgia and around Athens. Non-homeschoolers may find these resources useful too.
HOMESCHOOLING IN GEORGIA
FREE PDF: Georgia’s Kindergarten and Homeschooling Laws – Everything you need to know.
NATURE EVENTS & CLASSES
The Junior Ranger Program – Includes details on the Georgia Junior Ranger Program and links to the National Junior Ranger Program
Events for Kids & News for Homeschoolers – Spring 2013 – Lists some places for summer camp opportunities. Also change in Georgia’s homeschooling law effective July 2013.
Snake Day (Every June)
Just for Fun: Our Trip to Anna Ruby Falls (a beautiful day hike for young kids and it’s stroller accessible)
The Lake Loop Trail at Unicoi State Park (stroller accessible)
Tellus Science Museum, Cartersville, GA
Pumpkin Patch (Pick Your Own Pumpkins in Watkinsville, GA; They also have strawberries in the spring.)
Scary, Oozy Slimy Day at the Sandy Creek Nature Center (Every October)
The North Atlanta Gem, Mineral, Fossil & Jewelry Show – A must see! (Every December at the North Atlanta Trade Center in Gwinett County)
Lazy B Farm Statham, Georgia – Farm field trip. Field trips can be arranged for small homeschool groups during their field trip season. Also a Jr. Beekeeper certification class is offered there.
Homeschool Field Trip to the William Harris Homestead (Near Monroe, Georgia. Open to the public on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month.)
INTERVIEWS WITH GEORGIA HOMESCHOOLERS
More to come…
- Georgia Department of Education Home Schools – This is where you submit your online forms to homeschool in Georgia
- Atlanta Homeschooling Examiner
- Autry Hill in John’s Creek, GA
- GA Aquarium Homeschool Programs
- GA Home Education Association
- Gammu Mu Chapter
- Georgia Homeschool Groups
- Governor’s Honors Programs (GHP)
- Kindermusik at UGA
- National Archives at Atlanta
- Sandy Creek Nature Center
- Tellus Northwest Georgia Science Museum
- Zoo Atlanta Homeschool Programs
- Welcome to Homeschooling PDF